Before state and federal laws were passed about privacy regulations and the proper disposal of personal information, it may have been acceptable to handle document destruction in-house with employees using office paper shredders. However in today’s world of identity theft and protecting your company image, the threat of a data security breach and possible legal action is simply not worth the risk.
- Safeguard your company’s proprietary information – Don’t make dumpster diving in your trash a goldmine for exposing your competitive advantages
- Protect your clients from Identity Theft – Texas ranks #4 in the nation for identity theft complaints. Your customers trust you to manage their personal data securely.
- Create a culture of confidentiality – Implementing a verifiable shredding program using Action Shred encourages employee participation and raises awareness
- Increase employee productivity – Employees tasked to shred paper usually have little interest in taking time from their core responsibilities to feed a paper shredder
- Comply with state and federal legislation – Laws requiring companies to properly and responsibly dispose of personally identifying information affect all industries and the consequences for ignoring these regulations can be expensive.
“The average cost to a company for a document data breach is $194.00 per record, which does not include potential litigation or reputational damage” Ponemon Institute
Contact Action Shred today to begin setting up your destruction program by completing our easy form.